GROWING TOGETHER SINCE 1985
Our mission: To serve the community through education on the realities and responsibilities of teenage pregnancy and through long-term assistance to adolescent parents for their development of self-esteem, parenting skills, and empowerment towards self-sufficiency.
Since 1985, Teen Parent Connection has delivered education, support, and resources to adolescent parents and their children in DuPage County, Illinois. Our primary goal is to provide services that will prevent child abuse and neglect among this at-risk population.
“With the support of Teen Parent Connection, I found housing for my son and I, received multiple scholarships, went to college, and graduated.” – Healthy Families Program Participant
Check out what’s coming up atTeen Parent Connection!
Get to know Teen Parent Connection’syoung families!
See what’s happening at Teen Parent Connection and in our community!
TEEN PARENT CONNECTION ANNUAL CAMPAIGN
YOU make our work possible. Now more than ever, our services are necessary to help young, at-risk parents and their children. We offer programs to build hope, resilience, and maturity so our families can move forward in life – free from abuse and full of promise.
Thanks to a group of generous sponsors, your 2022 year-end contribution will be MATCHED DOLLAR FOR DOLLAR – up to $10,000!
Click the DONATE button below to make an investment that will have DOUBLE THE IMPACT!
“I was taught how to be a better mother and role model, a better student and employee. I was taught how to love being me and never again doubt my self-worth.” – Young Parent Group Participant
PARENTS’ PANTRY UPDATES
Most Immediate Needs:
- Baby wipes (unscented)
- Diapers (size 5, 6, 7)
- Diaper Genie refills
- Baby bath & lotion (lavender)
- Dreft baby laundry detergent (laundry detergent unscented/sensitive skin)
- Gift cards (grocery & gas)
- Black haircare products
- Shampoo & conditioner sets
- Women’s deodorant
- To view other wishlist items, visit our Amazon Wishlist by clicking HERE
We Are Currently Accepting:
- Freshly laundered baby clothes and children’s clothing for Fall & Winter months, in sizes Newborn to 6.
- Donated clothing should be in new or gently used condition, less than 5 years old, freshly washed, free of pet fur and without stains.
- Because we have limited storage, we request that you send us the condition and age, along with a photo of all large baby equipment to our Pantry Coordinator, Therese Crawford at ThereseC@teenparentconnection.org
We Do Not Accept:
- Used car seats
- Stuffed animals
- Drop-side cribs
- Cribs more than 4 years old
- Any item/toy that is broken, dirty, or missing pieces
- Used breast pumps
- Maternity clothing
- Out-of-season clothing
“Teen Parent Connection’s Prevention Education Program has become an integral component of our health education curriculum.” – Health Teacher at Hinsdale South High School in Darien
“Having my doula as a support system and to have her answer my bajillion questions was so, so helpful and I really couldn’t have gotten through it without her! She made my entire pregnancy & labor and delivery experience so much less stressful.” – Doula Program Participant