Home visiting is proven to reduce the risk for child abuse and neglect, and provides young parents support by meeting them where they’re at — right in their own home.
“The program helped me stick with school during my pregnancy. Without my home visitor, things would be really tough. She encouraged me to not give up and helped me with budgeting and making good decisions for myself and my baby.”– Healthy Families participant
Highly trained home visitors take the time to get to know you and provide support that is specific to the needs of your family. Teen Parent Connection home visitors are dedicated to helping you reach your goals and feel successful as a parent. Teen Parent Connection recognizes that a new baby may be both an exciting and stressful time in your family, and that every parent has common questions about their child and their new role as a mom or dad.
Home visitors are able to cover a large variety of topics in home visits, which may include:
– How to soothe a crying baby
– Appropriate nutrition for infants and children
– Encouraging healthy child development
– Fun and interactive parent/child activities
– Age appropriate discipline
– Education and employment information
– Self-Care and Relaxation for parents
– Resources – home visitors are able to connect families with assistance around food, clothing, affordable housing, medical care, transportation, and more
If you are a parent or parent-to-be between the ages of 12 and 19 and live in DuPage County, you may be eligible for the Healthy Families Program. Home visits may begin prenatally or within the first three months of the infant’s birth and can last until the child is five years old. Teen Parent Connection services are always free of charge and voluntary.
If you are interested in receiving Healthy Families services, contact us at email@example.com or call 630.790.8433.