Teen Parent Connection recognizes that a new baby may be both an exciting and stressful time in your family, and that every parent has common questions about their child and their new role as a mom or dad.
Highly trained home visitors take the time to get to know you and provide support that is specific to the needs of your family. Teen Parent Connection home visitors are dedicated to helping you reach your goals and feel successful as a parent. Home visitors are able to cover a large variety of topics in home visits, which may include:
- How to soothe a crying baby
- Appropriate nutrition for infants and children
- Encouraging healthy child development
- Fun and interactive parent/child activities
- Age appropriate discipline
- Education and employment information
- Self-Care and Relaxation for parents
- Resources – home visitors are able to connect families with assistance around food, clothing, affordable housing, medical care, transportation, and more
If you are a parent or parent-to-be between the ages of 12 and 19 and live in DuPage County, you may be eligible for the Healthy Families Program. Home visits may begin prenatally or within the first three months of the infant’s birth and can last until the child is five years old. Teen Parent Connection services are always free of charge and voluntary.
If you are interested in receiving Healthy Families services, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 630.790.8433.